Need to import my bookmarks from a different json file. When I try to import it says that it will overwright my current bookmarks. Don't want to do that, only add it it. Is that possible?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Restoring a JSON backup can only replace your current bookmarks. To add to your current set of bookmarks, you must import an HTML backup.
1. Start Firefox in a new profile.
2. Restore your JSON backup in that profile.
3. From that profile, export your bookmarks in HTML format.
4. Return to your regular profile and import the HTML bookmarks.
Thanks! I may try and see if I can still access that old computer and do an export as html then. If not, I'll do your above description. Thanks!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.