I am having trouble with some of my links having images. For example, Foxfire has a picture that looks like a small world. The links in question are blank.
I am having trouble with my links/websites having images attached to them. The place where the image should be is blank. For example, AARP has an A for its image. My storage website has a blank broken box where the image should be. I forgot I had trouble and had to reset Foxfire, this problem occurred after that reset.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Picasa plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I searched add ons, plugins, and tabs. I did not know which one to use.
Since Firefox 14, there are no favicons in the address bar any more. That picture of a small world globe means that the site is not secure. If you see a padlock there, the site is secure.
See also Site Identity Button:
What does the gray triangle mean? That page about the site identity button mentions it, but gives no explanation. I have not seen that image in any of the themes that I use.
Quote: What does the gray triangle mean?
This can be a case of mixed content or other problems.
Do you have a link to such a page?
You can check the net log in the Web Console for error in such a case (use Ctrl+F5 to refresh the panel).
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Mixed content normally gives the world globe image, unless you are using a theme that uses a broken padlock instead. Maybe the gray triangle means invalid? I came across that in a few themes (what is invalid was not made clear), but those were not using triangle shapes to indicate that.
I came across that mention in one of the pages you posted:
I cannot attach a screenshot because I have not seen a triangle of any kind in my address bar.
Maybe this refers to an older Firefox version as I don't see any icons here that looks like the one you mention.
I tested 4 types of pages using Firefox 14 with the default theme temporarily in use. I tried a normal http page, a secure page with verified domain, one with verified identity, and a page with mixed content. The latter showed a globe image in the address bar, not a triangle. I have not used the default theme again because I dislike it. The themes I use have all been modified to use a broken padlock to indicate mixed content.
They are talking about the navigation toolbar, not the address bar. I have this problem too. some work when I drag it there and others just produce a cut box.