When I am filling a form and have to go back a page the stuff I have inserted disappears. Someone told me to set "PRESERVE FORMS" in my browser. I looked but di
When I am filling a form and have to go back a page the stuff I have inserted disappears. Someone told me to set "PRESERVE FORMS" in my browser. I looked but did not find any likely adjustment. I have been in the habit pg taking a screen snip of my form details, but this is clumsy. I received was: " Enable Preserve Form Contents for your web browser. It's located in different places for different browsers, and it should be enabled by default. I'm guess it's not enabled on your system. It will keep all the fields intact in a form such as the e-mail page if you have to click on Back. "
Additional System Details
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
There does not seem to be anything in Help > Troubleshooting Information.
If possible then try to open that page in a new tab via a middle-click or Ctrl and left-click to avoid losing the current form.
Note that you can hold down the left mouse button on the toolbar Back button to open the tab history menu and that you can middle-click an entry to open that page in a new tab.
Thanks. Now I must await the next questionnaire to check that it works. Robert Bogner. It did not work as applied to the present page, i.e. the page on which I am replying to your reply.