sites I have not viewed in months are now appearing in my most visted ever minute. It's driving me crazy
Everytime I go to most visited, there are sites I have not visited in months and they keep coming back. Some on the sites I have not viewed in over a year. It just started a few days ago. I usually only have about 6 and now I could have 12 and I delete them but some of them come back and others join them. I do I fix this problem???
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
I have not visited this site since May 2012 and now it keeps popping up in my "most visited"
This messages has never appeared before right now, this minute. I have had FB for four years.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox Profile Folder.