Hello all, I've been using Google chrome for quite some time, but lately it's been crashing all of a sudden, and the crash reports weren't helping me at all, so I switched to firefox. Unfortunately, firefox is crashing as well, about every 10 minutes or so. I sent in a report and this is one of the ids I got recently. Could someone help me out? Thanks!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Looks like that crash was probably caused by a McAfee driver filter - icf.dll .
IMO, of you have the same type of crash with both Chrome and with Firefox, you may have a hardware issue. The first thing you should do is use Memtest to test your RAM.
Maybe do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- Kasperky Free Security Scan: http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
It appears all of my crashes have had to do with the McAfee driver filter. What should I do to fix it?
You will have to disable McAfee Family Protection if that component makes Firefox crash.
You can check out the McAfee support forum for help.
I already turned it off, as it makes my computer a little slow. Should removing it completely be advised?
If you do not want to use this program then you can uninstall it.