Realplayer downloader stopped working??
I have been using the RealPlayer downloader to get video from the internet for months now, and for some reason it just stopped working tonight. I have tried everything offered as advice on this, but nothing works. I opened RealPlayer, and went to preferences, and turned off downloading and recording, opened Firefox, disabled the add on in the add-ons page, exited Firefox, restarted Firefox, and went to a video,watched the video, exited Firefox again, reopened RealPlayer, and reset the downloading and recording in preferences, opened Firefox again, and re enabled the add on for RealPlayer, but now it is saying , "Realplayer Browser Record is known to cause security or stability issues"?? What in the world is happening here?? Am I going to have to switch back to internet explorer as my browser because of this??
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Extension Manager is installed on this machine.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Google Update
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin, uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox. Nothing seems to help....
Next I will try a System Restore operation to go back to when it was working, earlier today, but I am concerned about this greatly!!
Please check if all your plugins are up-to-date. To do this, go to the Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
Help...Yesterday my realplayer downloader was working....today it is not...all plug ins are enabled....what to do?
This is idiotic.... Realplayer just randomly stops working in Firefox all the time, and I am sick to death of having to constantly reinstall it!! Now it seems that reinstalling the software no longer will fix it, because it is not installing the downloader into extensions anymore?? Do I have to do a system restore to fix this or what??
How about a new extenstion. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/flash-video-downloader-youtube/
and a new player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
as RealPlayer does have lots of probs with firefox
Problem with Waka_... reply. I tried to get the addon and got a message saying it doesn't exist. If it does show up, does it work with streaming videos which are not YouTube?
Disable Quicktime player, if you installed.
this is the correct link.
You can also search for addons similar to these.
You also need to update Firefox to the Latest version. getfirefox.com or Firefox Button > Help > About Firefox > Check For Updates
Hey Waka, I added this to my Firefox, and have started using it, but I found that it seems to have issues saving from YouTube for some reason that I do not get, but I have a different downloader for YouTube, so it works out. Still, I do not get why Realplayer works sometimes, and then just disappears others??
It seems as though every time a new version of Firefox is released, the RealPlayer Downloader add-on stops working. I hope this recurring annoying issue is resolved soon.