Bind a new shortcut to "save an image as" when mouse is hovering over a certain image
In Opera, if on a page you see several pics, you only need to move mouse pointer to an image you wanna save and press "ctrl+alt+left click" and then a dialogue to save an image pops up.
I already tried a few addons - none of them did what I need.
So, I'm tired here a little bit plus... a bit lazy, yeah I could read it all: http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_Tutorial:Keyboard_Shortcuts http://www-archive.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#keys
But maybe someone who's already prolific on this matter - help me out here? That would be greatly appreciated.
Modified by dramadeur
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can save an image by dragging it off the page and onto the desktop. That is pretty easy.
Maybe for you, but not for those, who save different pictures in different folders. In other words, your post isn't up to the topic's question (which is how to bind a shortcut).
In that case, you can use the setting in Options > General, under Downloads, "Always ask me where to save files". That will allow you to save different files in different folders.
finitarry, you seem not to haven't read op post attentively, the catch here is how to easily save a certain picture on a page, in another browser you move mouse pointer to a picture and then left click mouse1 + ctrl+alt - then you're popped up to a dialog which asks you where to save the picture.
In Firefox you have to right click (mouse2) on the picture and then choose "save as", it's not as convenient.
Alrigh, can at least tell me how to install this as an extension to firefox?
I'd really love an addon that would let me "save image as" under the mouse with a shortcut button.
I found three possible extensions at the Mozilla Addons site.
How to install this addon: www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/14067-firefox-saving-the-image-under-the-mouse-cursor/