How do I remove keyboard shortcuts?
I was just working on an eBay listing and I pressed the "delete" key when the cursor was not in a field and it made my browser go back a page. In doing this, I lost an ENTIRE LISTING WORTH OF WORK! This is such an annoying feature! I don't want my delete key to do anything except delete text. How can I disable this feature that makes the delete key perform the same function as the "back arrow". For example, if the cursor was out of this box right now and I pressed "delete" by accident, I would have to re-type all of this text! This is a stupid feature. Please tell me, how do I disable it?
You can set the browser.backspace_action pref to 2 on the about:config page.Read this answer in context 3
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
You can set the browser.backspace_action pref to 2 on the about:config page.
That worked! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!