I cannot delete firefox from windows. I no longer wish to use firefox as a browser and i am unable to delete it. help!
I an unable to delete the firefox broswer from the internet where you are given the option to delete unwanted programs. I continue to click on unintstal and Firefox obviously does not want to hear it, so when I click the button, NOTHING HAPPENS !!
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 18.104.22.16812
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1248
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have done nothing to troubleshoot....why would I ? I want only to uninstall the browser
On Windows, Firefox is uninstalled the same way as any other program: from the Windows Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs applet. Try restarting your computer before attempting to uninstall; this will ensure that Firefox isn't still running.
If you've followed the instructions in the above article and it still didn't work, note the link at the bottom to the Mozillazine knowledgebase. It describes how to perform a manual uninstall (it's an advanced procedure that's best avoided).