While downloading with Mozilla Firefox if by any means my computer crashes or shutdown unexpectedly I lose all data that had been downloaded so far. How to recover the downloaded data without a need to start all the way back from scratch to download the same data. Please help me if there are any means to recover downloaded mbs and continue from where it has stopped, so that I can avoid losing extra mbs and time to go back again and restart downloading.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try these steps:
- Move the old .part partial download and the final file without the .part that has size 0 to another location.
- Start a new download and pause it, don't close Firefox.
- Copy the two files (.part and 0 byte final) that you moved above back to the download location to replace the new files that were created.
- Resume the download in Firefox.
If that doesn't work then the server may not support resuming.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.