How to recover incomplete download items from the point where it stopped in firefox browser in case of unexpected computer crash or shut down
While downloading with Mozilla Firefox if by any means my computer crashes or shutdown unexpectedly I lose all data that had been downloaded so far. How to recover the downloaded data without a need to start all the way back from scratch to download the same data. Please help me if there are any means to recover downloaded mbs and continue from where it has stopped, so that I can avoid losing extra mbs and time to go back again and restart downloading.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- WordCaptureX component for single click dictionary
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try these steps:
- Move the old .part partial download and the final file without the .part that has size 0 to another location.
- Start a new download and pause it, don't close Firefox.
- Copy the two files (.part and 0 byte final) that you moved above back to the download location to replace the new files that were created.
- Resume the download in Firefox.
If that doesn't work then the server may not support resuming.