I keep getting an error message saying "It looks like you have a flash blocker browser settings or extension. Please enable flash to hear sound" error message come up when I try to play music in Soundcloud. I have just installed Firefox on my laptop and upgraded to the latest Flash player. I then tried down grading to Flash 10.3 but this didn't help. I have been watching programs in iplayer and had no problems there. Please help!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Thank you, worked a treat!
I have been through this process several times. It sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Running in safe mode proves nothing.
Youtube videos work fine. So flash is working. Hosts file is the default one so nothing blocked). No sit blockers etc. all disabled in add-on manager.
Old Soundcloud works fine. Sometimes the new one does. Most of the time it does not.
Switch to IE8 (yuch) and this gets even worse. Old SC works but new one says I need an update and provides a link. I click the link and MS site says I am a;ready running the most up to date browser.
Bottom line... 1) if you use IE, better go to Windows 7 or 8. Otherwise Soundcloud should be avoided. Sure, the old SC still works ... for now.
2) if you use Firefox, roll dem bones and see what ya get. Maybe it will work. Maybe it won't. But it's a pain to have to keep clearing the cache and cookies to fix the one and only site that has this issue with Firefox 18.
3) go to Chrome if you love google. It seems to be OK.
4) ignore soundcloud all together. It's not going to survive long in this mode.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.