When downloading a file, only the first word of the attached file is included in the 'file name' field, not the entire file name, as it used to.
Regardless of filetype, only the first word of the file is filled into the "Enter name of file to save to..." dialog box. I'm set up to 'save file' in the FF Options > Applications tab for the basic MS and Adobe files. To successfully use/find the downloaded file, I type in the remainder of the file name. Have I overlooked an additional setting? Running FF 18.0 on a Win7 PC.
Additional System Details
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
A possible cause is that the server sends a wrong response header.
The server may not comply to RFC 5987 and sends a wrong Content-Disposition:attachment; filename header.