On one website my usercode and password entries are considered not valid. The same usercode and password work fine in IE and Google.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
This can be caused by corrupted cookies or cookies that aren't send or otherwise blocked.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can check if there are entries in the password manager with an empty user name.
Make sure that you haven't saved multiple (uppercase, lowercase) versions of that name and password.
Remove saved Password(s):
- Tools > Options > Security: Passwords: "Saved Passwords" > "Show Passwords"
I had removed the cookie and I clear the cache on exit. I went back and deleted the cookie for that website again. My cache had 0 files. I found the saved password. Nothing worked.
I can't find the "cookies.sqlite" file. I went to the "Start" button and put that file in the search box but get the no files response. I have noticed that several times, not very often, a website will say my cookies is not activated even though it is.
Further information: have the Comcast version of Norton Security Suite. Recently, I got a red box on the Security portion. I deleted the Suite and re-installed it. I haven't been able to get the Norton Toolbar even though I have run the live update several times. I also deleted and re-installed Firefox but kept my personal files. The problem with the usercode/password started after the Norton problem. All other secured websites I use work when entering the usercode and password.
I found that my Norton Toolbar had been disabled so I enabled it. When I tried the website it worked. Go figure.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.