I keep a running list of ebay auctions I'm interested in and, before the latest update, I could simply drag the title of the auction from the list of auctions into the desired place in my list of bookmarks. Now the only way I can do this is to actually open the auction and drag it from the address bar. This was a time saver but now it is gone. Any chance of getting it restored? It's not an Ebay glitch as I tried the same thing in Chrome and it seems to work fine there by just dragging it. I just don't like the bookmarking system in Chrome or Safari.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
See if this helps solve the issues you had and please report back to us!
There's something in Firefox 18 that has caused my problem. I just upgraded a few days ago so I know that's where the problem lies. I use this "dragging" function daily so I noticed it right away. Please fix this bug in your next update.
Are you trying to drag the link to the Bookmarks Toolbar?
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
No, I'm not trying to drag it to the tool bar. I want it in the list of bookmarks in the sidebar where I have dozens and dozens of bookmarks within organized files. This is an easy way for me to find things.