I am really a novice- old hippie type. I set up buttons on my desktop so i could get easily to my favorite places. Win 7 Prof - I accept all updates to Win 7 and Firefox.Home page is google/firefox. No matter where i try to access yahoo from- google search, then clicking on the web page; logging out of mail account, or clicking on yahoo pictures, i get the same error message. I did check with a technically literate friend and she gave me a suggestion that i try another link like www.news.yahoo.com and erase the "news" part and see if that would work. I got the same error message. I just dont know what else to do. BTW i will NOT be downgrading to Win 8. If you need more info, pls remember i am a serious novice . I really would appreciate any help y'all can give me because i miss yahoo. the old L.A. hippie chick
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
This might be DNS issue as well. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc and open file called hosts. Check if there is no yahoo mentioned there. If it is, you will have to open that file with notepad as administrator user and delete such line.
Use this link instead: http://news.yahoo.com/
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.