Using a Macbook pro. I have FF speed dial as my home page. As I reside in both SA and UK I have both Google SA and UK on my home page. When I access the Google SA the page appears correctly for a second then the centre search box disappears completely (I have a screen shot if it helps) there is no where to input your search information - If I type where the box "used to be" a pinging sound is heard and/or mumbo-jumbo appears over the page. The Google UK site works 100%. Also if I use Safari and enter Google South Africa the page appears correctly so it is just on FireFox. I have tried reloading the page, deleting it and refreshing and even rebooting my computer but nothing has solved my problem. I am hesitant to "reset Firefox to its default state" in case I loose all my beautiful speed tabs???
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Please reload the webpage while bypassing the cache using one of the following steps:
- Hold down the Shift key and click the Reload button with the left mouse key.
- Press Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R (Windows and Linux)
- Press Command + Shift + R (Mac)
See if this helps solve the issues you had and please report back to us!
Holding down Command+shift+R brought the centre box back for a split second and then it disappeared again.
Many site issues can be caused by corrupt cookies or cache. In order to try to fix these problems, the first step is to clear both cookies and the cache. Note: This will temporarily log you out of all sites you're logged in to. To clear cache and cookies do the following:
- Go to Firefox > History > Clear recent history or (if no Firefox button is shown) go to Tools > Clear recent history.
- Under "Time range to clear", select "Everything".
- Now, click the arrow next to Details to toggle the Details list active.
- From the details list, check Cache and Cookies and uncheck everything else.
- Now click the Clear now button.
Further information can be found in the Clear your cache, history and other personal information in Firefox article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.