I am trying to delete cookies and temporary internet files, but the top of my FIREFOX screen for Vista is blank!!! urgent that I do right now. Kay Lipton (Email removed by mod)
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Hi Tyler, I am an Ozzie..I have aquired a domain on GoDaddy.com called www.artlipton.net My problem arose when i was trying to inspect my stats.. I went through the instructed motions and get pipped at the final post every time...new password refused...no entry to stats..bah! I complained and was told to go to Firefox and clear browsing data,cookies etc. Well, I thought that i had gone through all those motions as you consequently re-iterated....however, i still get a refusal of entry in to Authentication Required in the GoDaddy Web Statistics. NONPLUSSED!! Have a great day! Kay Lipton
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in full screen mode (press F11 or Fn + F11 to toggle; Mac: command+Shift+F).
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars"
You can also check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.