I just downloaded 18.0.1; but now I can't use the search box feature on Start Page.
Encouraged recently by Mozilla to update older software. Prior to this had no problem inputting information into the search box of Start Page, clicking "search" and then receiving information.
Now, clicking "Search" does not respond.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Picasa plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Reluctant to revert back and restore original features may loose everything else.
hello dkcurt, first please see if installing the search reset addon can resolve the issue: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/ (a restart of the browser is necessary afterwards).
otherwise try the following steps in order to manually restore the search function on the default homepage:
- go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information and click on profile folder/show folder. a windows explorer window should open up - in there delete the file named chromeappsstore.sqlite.
- then enter about:config into the firefox location bar (confirm the info message in case it shows up) & search for the preference named browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone - right-click and reset that entry to the default value.
- restart firefox
Fix #1 worked like a charm; thanks for the valuable information.