How do I open the find bar if it has been closed
I somehow lost the find bar and cannot find out how to open it again. I really need it to search the text in documents. Please help.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, ctrl + f is the shortcut for it.
I have been trying ctrl + f but that is not working! It's very mysterious. But thank you - any other ideas?
clicking on firefox & then find should also work.
Not sure I understand what you mean by clicking on Firefox and then find? Could you explain further, please.
please see the screenshot attached - it is also explained in the help article i've linked to before btw...
It is possible that the screen is too high and that the scroll bar and the find bar and add-on bar fall off at the bottom.
- Use Restore or Maximize in the right-click context menu of the Taskbar icon to set focus to the Firefox application if you do not see the Firefox window.
- Open the system menu of that Firefox window via Alt+Space and see if you can move and resize that window (use the keyboard cursor keys).
If that works then first close all other open Firefox windows and then close Firefox via "File > Exit/Quit" to save that setting.
If the above didn't help then see:
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.