Why am I not able to do anything with Hotmail?? Go across the parking lot with a 3/4 inch pipe about 20 inches long and persuade the microsoft ******** to knock
Hotmail is completely dysfunctional since the start of this week!! Go across the parking lot with a 3/4 inch pipe that is say 24 inches long and persuade them from screwing up the system!! If windows explorer was not a virus magnet maybe more people would use it. I don't care what they call it each year but windows is a horribly flawed op system thanks to YOUR BUDDY William Jefferson Clinton forcing them to disclose the code and rolling out the "welcome mat to every hacker in the universe so that they could write all types of malware imaginable. I just want to be able to open my email without having to switch rendering engines!
Modified by James
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- IE Tab 2 Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Winamp Application Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- IE Tab Plug-in for Mozilla/Firefox
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.