I am in IT industry and our products are browser based. Wanted to know how do I know pre release of firefox browser so I can keep pace with the updates and align my resources.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
hello sauda, new firefox releases are coming in a fixed six week schedule.
The following shows versions, their current channel, and the approximate date that the version will move into the next channel. It also shows past Releases and their release dates. This page is kept current, so it may be a good reference source for you.
You are using an old version of Firefox 16 which has security issues. Current version is Firefox 18.0.1.
- Download (by language and OS) - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Your Plugins should be checked and updated:
- Check your Plugins - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers (Current version is 1.6.0_38; support for 1.6 versions will end in February 2013. Newest version available is 1.7.0_11)
- Download, save offline installer, close browsers and run installer. Dowload latest Java 7 or Java 6 JRE version here (JDK version is needed by developers) - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html (NOTE: New releases may appear on this link before being offered publicly on the main Java page)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2" (Version 9.5.3 is latest 9x version. Newest version is 11.0.01)
- Download, save, close all browsers, install (newest version) - http://get.adobe.com/reader/