In the "Update Plug-ins" list, some are labelled "research"---what does that mean & what do I need to do?
some were needing updating & I managed to do so without killing the computer, but........
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Google Update
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Please create a screenshot of the problem you're seeing by following the guide mentioned at How do I create a screenshot of my problem?.
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
I assume that you are referring to the plugin check page:
Only a few commonly used plugins are recognized on that page and some other may show various messages like research if they aren't recognized.
Which plugins are you referring to?