HOW DO I OPEN RECOVERED FILES
When I try to open files that were recovered from my backups, after a virus attack was fixed, all of my files are listed as fbf files, and my computer does not recognize them, and cannot open them. But I can connect my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone to the desktop, and it recognizes the files!
Additional System Details
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.10.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Apparently .FBF files are used by Free Backup Fix, software from the Promosoft Corporation.
I downloaded the free backup fix program, but it does not identify, recognize, or open the fbf files!
What software did you use to create the backups and to recover those files?
How is your question related to Firefox?
The backups were created by Norton - but they have been no help, although this problem is referenced in Norton chat groups.
Norton™ is a brand name, not a single product.
According to the following thread, you can use Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery to restore those files. If you don't own a copy, there's supposed to be a trial version available.
If you need further help, refer to the Norton Community forums or contact Symantec support.