There is no plugin icon to use Java if it is blocked! Why not and what is the work around?
I am trying to help a client get Java to work so she can play games on pogo. I found information at this link, http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-use-java-if-its-been-blocked, about activating Java for a site. The problem is there is no red plugin icon in the address bar and it's not on her system or mine. Is there something else in Firefox that has to be enable for this icon to appear? Please advise.
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 126.96.36.19912
- Google Update
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The only troubleshooting has been uninstalling then reinstalling Java and making sure it is the updated version. Other than that it's been researching online to fine a resolution which led us to the link above. The only work around that has been successful is using IE to play games on pogo but she prefers to use Firefox.
So, I have finally seen the elusive Java activation icon. Seems it only appears when it feels like it. Is there a way to access these setting for sites such as Pogo when the icon refuses to show itself?