ads on FireFox home page started a month or two ago...
some are very offensive (a gun pointing at me) and all are highly distracting/flashing things and such....
I emptied /cleared my Cache today..kept in only a few I knew..did the clean out manually selecting.. My version is current 18.0.1 as of a week or two ago.. and there were only 2 Extensions listed and both are disabled..
so what else can be done to get rid of these ads?
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Note that the OP is using a Mac (Mac OS X 10.7) to post this.
Which home page are you using?
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.