Firefox 18.0.1 does not work on Mac OS 10.7.5
Lately my firefox 18.0 got automatically updated to 18.0.1. Since then I'm not able to load any page, firefox starts normally, but it can not load any page (the load animation goes on forever). Version 18.0 was working perfectly untill the update. I tried to reset firefox completely (deleting all folders in Application Support, removing everything related to it), I tried reinstalling and nothing seems to help. I'm using Mac OS X 10.7.5, I have all latest updates insalled, I don't use any proxies, and the only firewall I have - system firewall is set up to allow firefox to connect. If I delete everything and install back the old version 18.0 I have no problem but as soon as version 18.0.1 is installed it can't load any web page. I'll appreciate any support on that! Thank you in Advance!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- F5 Network Access plugin, Ver. 7070.2012.0906.1
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Try to disable IPv6, also check for other solutions.
You can try to reset (power off/on) the router.
You can also try to uninstall (trash) and reinstall Firefox.
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 18.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
I tried all options but unfortunately nothing seems to work. Thanks anyway.