Latest crash ID: bp-7323294e-ofd2-45fc-9f8e-fd27a2131023 Started crashing after new update tried to install on sunday.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
hello, this is no valid crash id -could you provide some more?
Could be this report:
This crash is usually caused by to malware and the involved randomly named file in your case is kefuphhe.dll as you can see in the modules list of the crash report.
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx - Microsoft Safety Scanner
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- Kasperky Free Security Scan: http://www.kaspersky.com/security-scan
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
If the malware scanners didn't catch it then try this steps:
Try to use MSConfig and disable that file to prevent it from getting started.
Try to boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) to see if that allows to locate and remove the file either manually or with a malware scanner.
You will have to search the Windows registry (Ctrl+F) for references to that file and export and remove involved keys to avoid startup issues with missing files or alternatively use a registry cleaner like CCleaner. If you are not comfortable with editing the registry then it is best to skip this step.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.