when I move across my tabs and touch one to change focus to it, it opens in a new window. The tab goes from my list of tabs and is there as an opened womdow
by touching a tab with the mouse pointer it moved from the tab into a new firefox window.The existing tab has gone.So I need to reload it in the original firefox alongside my other tabs. To the best of my knowledge I have not downloaded any new addon. Using firefox 19
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once?
Yes have no problem replicating it in safe mode. There seems to be some correlation with how long one presses the mouse button whilst its ocused on the tab . Weird and annoying
Current Firefox versions have a feature called tear-off tabs.
You can detach a tab from the current window and open it in a new window by dragging a tab in the browser window.
You can drag that tab back to the tab bar in the original window to undo that detaching.
bug489729 (Disable detach and tear off tab):