New version of Firefox freeze everytime I right-click on a link
New version of Firefox freeze when i right click on a link.
I tried reinstalling but the problem remains...
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Nexus Personal Plug-Ins
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CCTVplayer plugin for Firefox
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I can't be specific but it could be due to malware. Although the following is about crashing rather than freezing, it would be worth a look: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-18-crashes-startup-due-malware-how-fix
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Thanks, when i disabled the hardware acceleration it works again.
The context in which the problem occurs is necessary for me to know whether it has been fixed. Safe mode or reset is not a solution. Ever.
All these solutions do is allow Mozilla to wash its hands. If Mozilla has changed something that suddenly makes addons fail it is a FF bug and it is on Mozilla to find and fix the problem.