Cannot manually drag window size in 7.0 or now 12.0
I have been using FF for some time. I seem to have lost the ability to drag the edges of the windows smaller. I also have IE, and can do it there...maybe I'm just confused, and never had the ability to do this in FF. Often, especially when typing in registration keys or serial numbers, I would drag the window up to read the data on the underlying window, if it would not allow copy and paste. Am I missing something?
XP Pro, SP3, AMD processor.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183 no idea what this is
- DRM Netscape Network Object no idea what this is
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin no idea what this is
- Npdsplay dll no idea what this is
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Updated 7.0 to 12, no change.
Can you attach a screenshot of such a window?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot.
Hmm. Maybe. I have Snag-It somewhere. It's just that you run the cursor down to the bottom edge of the window, until you get the double arrow, click and drag....you don't get the double arrow. You can't click and drag. I opened a bunch of windows, found out I can do it on some, but not the first window or the last. In between, I can. When I was dealing with this earlier, I had two windows open, could not do either one. Is this a "feature"? I searched the options, could find nothing to set to operate this function differently.
Snag-It won't show the bottom of the screen, and this software doesn't like .bmp files, I guess. Tried.
Renamed file, let's see what this does. You can see the bottom afterall!
I have same issue but I found that by turning off 1 particular add on FindBar Tweak 0.5.5, my issue went away.
Try turning off all your add ins.
I'll check into that. Don't have many add-ins.