Not able to drag and drop icons to the bookmark toolbar. Running v18,0, win7 home premium
The Bookmark toolbar does not accept drag and drop url icons. I am running Firefox 18 and Win7 home premium. It was working fine.and I had many cons and folders on the toolbar. I did try to stop popups and may have changed a setting. I do not think so tho. When I click Bookmarks on top and then Bookmarks toolbar it shows all the icons that were on the Bookmark toolbar before. Any help GREATLY appreciated as Ireally want my icons and folders back. Thanks
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Make sure that toolbars like the "Navigation Toolbar" and the "Bookmarks Toolbar" are visible:
- Firefox > Options
- "View > Toolbars"
Open the Customize window to set which toolbar items to display:
- View > Toolbars > Customize
- Firefox > Options > Toolbar Layout
- Check that the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is on the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If the "Bookmarks Toolbar items" is not on the Bookmarks Toolbar then drag it back from the toolbar palette in the customize window to the Bookmarks Toolbar
- If missing items are in the toolbar palette then drag them back from the Customize window on the toolbar
- If you do not see an item on a toolbar and in the toolbar palette then click the "Restore Default Set" button to restore the default toolbar set up
It worked! THANK YOU!
All of a sudden in FFv18.0.2, I am unable to move icons on the Toolbars - the drag/drop hand doesn't grab or move them. It's as if the toolbars are locked. I also cannot drag icons from Toolbar Palette up to the Toolbars, nor icons from Toolbars down to the Palette. The hand doesn't move anything. I also can no longer drag & drop bookmarks to different positions in the folders, nor drag URL/bookmark from Tabs to the Bookmark folders. I tried "Restore Default Settings" and it did not help. What is possible after this?
hello, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an addon is interfering here...
Did you try to click the Restore Default Set button?
You can check for problems with the localstore.rdf file.
(note that Firefox uses a localstore-safe.rdf file)