This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
i can not start up fire fox
i click on fire fox to open but nothing happens
All Replies (7)
I've restarted my pc and run the exe command with the -p option. Firefox still does not start.
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
After double-clicking on Firefox and Crash reports only 1 item appears,
InstallTime20130104151925 1 KB File 1/18/2013
Submitted does not appear.
Note, there is no Profile directory beneath the Mozilla Firefox directory. I'm also unable to bring up the Profile Manager using either
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p firefox.exe -p
There is a Profile directory that appears after the Firefox double-click following %APPDATA%.
One other observation: the pc is a dual boot [xp64 & windows 7] machine. On win 7, Firefox starts ok.
Thanx for your quick response.
Modified by jalea148
I got the mozila crashed, I found the issue identical with what I'm currently have, I copy the Crash ID below.
Crash ID: bp-1ff60bab-8b7c-4289-8d9d-39d1a2130507
Thank you for your help! Regards, Andy
Hi andydhuynh, does it make any difference if you hold the Shift key while starting Firefox? This should bring up a small dialog allowing you to choose Firefox's Safe Mode.
Also, that crash report indicates Firefox 5.0.1. Is that your correct Firefox version? This site mostly supports the currently released version of Firefox (Firefox 20) and we might not be able to resolve issues with much older versions.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
You can use one of these to start Firefox in Safe Mode:
- On Windows, hold down the Shift key while starting Firefox with a double-click on the Firefox desktop shortcut
- On Mac, hold down the Options key while starting Firefox
- Help > Restart with Add-ons Disabled
It worked great for me.
Thank you for your help!.