When Firefox has many tabs opened (more than 10), sometimes I can't swith between tabs using mouse, only Alt + Tab works.
Maybe the problem is because one of the opened pages contais flash advertisement. Please fix it
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
You can check for problems caused by recent Flash updates and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in Flash 11.3 and later
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Hi. I have tested firefox work in safe mode, NO problem occurred and I can switch tab using mouse. I have "Last-tab" (version: 3.0t3.1) add-ons installed on home and work pc and both pc has problem in switching tab.
How to fix this problem without removing "Last-tab"? Because it's very nice functionality when I can choose tab from the visual popup using Ctrl+Tab
If you can confirm that "Last-tab" is causing the problem (i.e. it works with only that extension disabled) then you have no choice then disable this add-on for now until there is an update that addresses this issue.
If it works in Firefox Safe-mode then disable all extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and then try to find which is causing it by enabling one extension at a time until the problem reappears.
Close and restart Firefox after each change via "File > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit"; Linux: "File > Quit")
"If you can confirm that "Last-tab" is causing the problem"...
Yes, this problem cause "Last-tab" add-ons, because on my home pc I have only this extension and I can't switch between tabs using mouse, only Ctrl + Tab works.
Could you please inform "Last-tab" developers about this bug? What about include this functionality in the firefox as a default feature?
Hi cor-el, are you from the firefox support? If not, how to escalate this problem to the firefox support team?
There is a support forum for the LastTab add-on here:
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.