Criteria or check when we see the error "You are using an older version of firefox"
Criteria or check when we see the error "You are using an older version of firefox that is no longer supported and may be insecure" on sites like facebook. Currently firefox 8.0 does not give this error but 3.5.4 does. What is the check performed by sites for this error?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Most web sites use the User Agent, which is sent in the header of the request for delivering the page. The user agent of the browser you used to post here is
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0