When I click to new tab button I get a 'problem loading page' notice. Instead of showing me my most recent visited pages, the screen says that 'the address isn't valid'. How can I get back my list of thumbnails? When I go to about:config and search browser.newtab.url, it is already about:newtab. HELP!!!
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
Try to reset some preferences to the default with the SearchReset extension:
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
what do you do after you install?
Nothing. When you install the SearchReset extension then it runs ones and should uninstall automatically, so you wont see it in Tools > Add-ons > Extensions (about:addons). If this didn't help then you can check for problems with preferences and rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.
You can consider to reset Firefox.
If you reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some of your data (bookmarks, passwords, cookies, form data) is automatically imported and your current profile will be moved to the desktop (Old Firefox Data).
You can recover more data from the old profile (be cautious with doing that).
i reset firefox but that didnt solve the problem :(
Can you open the new tab page by typing about:newtab in the location bar?
no it doesnt work.
Do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox.
- (32 bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
- (64 bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 18.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will also lose your personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.
If you keep having problems then also create a new profile.
it worked after i uninstalled firefox then installed it. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! :)