I cant play my music on my laptop. I get a message it is illegal to play my own music!!!
When I try to play my music on my laptop (which I downloaded from My CD's) I get a pop up that says it is illegal to play MY music on my laptop and forces me to a website that demands I download Internet Explorer in order to play MY music. I have HP/compact Presario laptop with windows 7. Windows music player.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 184.108.40.20612
- Google Update
- Picasa plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.112
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Are you using the Windows Media Player?
You can try to use a different media player to see it that works.