I have Firefox 18.0.1 and when I click "Check to see if plugins are up to date", I get an uresponsive script warning.
When I click the link "Check to see if plugins are up to date" at the top of the Add-ons Manager page, it opens a new page like normal. The new page displays everything but the plugins and their status. The page just sits waiting for the status results to populate. If I try to click anything at this point, the page freezes and I see a message at the top of the window that Firefox has become unresponsive. If don't click and wait about 60 seconds, I get a "Warning - Unresponsive Script" message. I also see the following information with this warning: Script: https//www.mozilla.org/js/plugincheck.js:14 This first happened yesterday, after accidentally removing Java from my PC - I think it was Java 6. When I tried to access Java downloads to re-install, I got the same unresponsive script message. So, I had to access Java downloads with IE instead of Firefox, and I re-installed Java (version 11, update 11). Has Java caused my problem? Should I attempt to find Java 6 and install it?
Additional System Details
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 184.108.40.20612
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
I have installed the extension YesScript 1.9 - it didn't help. I restarted Firefox with add-ons disabled and I still got the unresponsive script message. I can disable Java, and I don't get the unresponsive script message - but I still cannot see the status of my plugins.
hello eric, does it help when you reset firefox (this will keep your saved bookmarks & passwords)?