Hi somehow sweetpacks decided to get on my computer I have tried removing it but am unsuccessful. I have firefox as my home page but when I type in something it goes to sweetpacks. I can't find anywhere on my computer to remove it. Please can anyone help it is so annoying. Brad
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
In order to uninstall a possibly unwanted extension, please do the following:
- From the Firefox window click the Firefox button at the top left and select Add-ons, or, if the Firefox button is not shown, click the Tools menu and click Add-ons.
- Once the Add-on Manager has opened in a new tab, click the Extensions button on the left side of the window.
- You should now see a list of your installed extensions on the right side together with buttons on the right side of each extension.
- To remove an extension from Firefox, simply click the Remove button. You should see a message that informs you about the successful removal of the add-on.
- Note that some add-ons require a Firefox restart to be removed completely. To perform a Firefox restart after the add-on removal, click the Restart now link in the message.
You can find further information about uninstalling extensions in the following articles:
Excellent advice. The last time I had a browser hijacker problem, I wound up having to reset Firefox. The instructions at deletemalware were clear and took care of the problem.