I just updated to 18.0.1. It's not saving web pages using "web pg complete" option. Does save as HTML only and text. I'm running Windows XP SP3 on Intel Core 2 Duo 3000 MHz with NVidia GForce 8400 under 32 Bit.
- All posts
- Helpful Solutions
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Follow-up: I've been using the "Save with URL" (0.2.12) Add-On for quite a few years now. It's simple, great, and performs as advertised. Well, apparently 18.0.1 did it in.
A bit of digging suggested the problem might be with an add-on. So I slowly went through them selecting possible candidates, turning them off, restarting, saving a test web page. After turning off SaveWithURL, restarting, and saving the test page. . . voila! FF saved the page as a Web Page Complete. Put it back on, yada yada yada, didn't save the page. I'll let the author of the Add-On know about the problem. I've switched to "Saved From URL". It's less elegant but provides the info I want.
This seems to happen if the source page is not complete. Try this page:
It doesn't have any header or body definition, and never terminates loading. On 'Save complete', only the _files (images/js etc) are saved.
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: We’re going through some system changes, that may have slowed responses to your questions. If you had asked a question in the last couple of months, please re-post it and the community will help you as soon as we can. If you’ve registered after February 7th, please register again, the accounts on the previous site were not migrated to this temporary site. If you joined us before February 7, please reset your password if you have trouble logging into this temporary site.