Keyboard and mouse functionality changed after update to 18.0. Shift key always returns you to previous screen
Scroll button on mouse does not move material
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_38 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
hello, yes there have been changes to the scrolling behaviour in firefox 17 (for technical background see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gecko:Mouse_Wheel_Scrolling). could you describe what exactly you're trying to achieve?
I am simply trying to scroll down in documents/web pages using the wheel on the mouse which after 18.0 update does nothing. Also anytime I attempt to use the shift key to capitalize something it moves me to the previous web page. I am using Windows 7.
You can set the mousewheel.with_shift.action pref to "1" on the about:config page (same as mousewheel.default.action).