On inserting an address it flashes on the screen but nothing happens
We are running Panda anti virus on the PC. Untilthis morning we have experienced no problem using Firefox. Now we enter an address and nothing happens. We do not get an error message. It is almost as if firefox can not get out. If we use Internet Explorer we have no problem. We can not access the Help function. We are now getting the following screen popping up: "Do you want the following propgram to make changes to this computer? We can't even respond to the e-mail to confirm the account you have just created. Regards Allan Crawford
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 d51
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
hello allen, there are a few issues...
- you're using an outdated version of firefox - please go to getfirefox.com, download the current version (firefox 18.0.1) & install it on top of your current installation
- the "Do you want the following propgram to make changes to this computer?" is often caused by malware. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and/or a different tool like the free version of malwarebytes.
- alternatively you can also try to reset firefox ...
- some of your plugins are vulnerable - please keep them updated too: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/