firefox crashes on start up & only on my user and not other users on same computer
i have used firefox for many years thn all of a sudden i keep getting the crash reporter, so i can never try safe mode or other things because it crashes on strt up. Th strange thing is whn i log on to my wife user it works fine.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/5.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; AskTbSPC/184.108.40.20649; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
1358598693 this was the last crash report number
[01/17/13 23:43:28] Crash report submitted successfully
[01/17/13 23:43:35] Crash report submitted successfully
[01/18/13 22:36:16] Crash report submitted successfully
[01/19/13 17:03:09] Crash report submitted successfully
[01/19/13 17:03:59] Crash report submitted successfully
[01/19/13 20:31:31] Crash report submitted successfully
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- Press the following shortcut to get a Run window: [Windows] + [R]. This should bring up a window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, enter %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Firefox crashes - Troubleshoot, prevent and get help fixing crashes article.
Hi Jaya, I have uninstalled firefox a few times now but still get the crash reporter, even though i click submit report i followed your instructions and notice there were NO submitted reports only this...please see image of my screen.
Thanks for your efforts
Type about:crashes in URL
Provide the crash report id starting with bp-
i can only use Internet explorer on my user and when i type about:crashes it searches the internet, when i type about:crashes on another user using firefox it gives me 2 reports but none of them are with id you mention. I really am lost why firefox works on 1 user not the other on same computer.