I'm running 3.6.8 firefox, and can't update firefox or access the firefox.com site
I can't seem to access firefox.com or mozilla.org. And I can't update firefox. I can access every other website, but not mozilla.org. It seems like something is blocking me from accessing and updating firefox.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- 20-20 3D Viewer - Mozilla Plug-In v18.104.22.168
- Logitech Device Detection
- Version 22.214.171.12412
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Classic Java Plug-in 10.9.2 for Netscape and Mozilla
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
1. Update your anti-virus, then perform a full system scan with it. If you don't have an anti-virus, I recommend Avast. Do not install Avast if you already have an anti-virus; you shouldn't have more than one anti-virus installed at a time.
2. Perform an anti-malware scan using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
3. Check the contents of your HOSTS file.
As for downloading Firefox, since you're able to access support.mozilla.org, maybe other Mozilla domains will work as well. Try one of the following direct links for the English (US) Windows version:
You can also view the list of official download mirrors, through various web caches.