no option to manage Add-ons in Firefox 18?
my problem here http://www.nsaneforums.com/topic/155193-firefox-180-problem/
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.11.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Don't you have these: Firefox > Add-ons and Tools > Add-ons ?
You can also open the about:addons page via the location bar
I have this already, but if you've noticed in the previous version 17.1 there is an option to manage the plug-ons under Option> General> under the browse button!But in the new version I can not find this option in the option> General> under the browse button?So where this thing go?
Modified by G-hot
removed my foot from my mouth
Modified by the-edmeister
Removed by this bug patch:
- bug 513164 - Remove "Manage Addons" from Preferences UI
(please do not comment in bug reports: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html)
Good to know that it's a bug, but I thought for a moment that I dreamed of but it turns out it's the truth! So what can I do right now? Is this option will be restored back in sometime should we see it again in Firefox browser?
No, this option has been removed on purpose to clean up that options window and this won't be restored back to the previous situation.
You will have to access the about:addons page via the Firefox or Tools menu or create a bookmark (on the Bookmarks Toolbar) with the location set to about:addons for easy access.
G-hot, Not a bug when it was removed intentionally.
Bugzilla is not just for "bugs" but is rather a muti-purpose tracker for a variety of things Mozilla.
Modified by James
the-edmeister this shows that Firefox 17.0 had a [Manage Add-ons...] button in General.