firefox comes up as a text/script screen - no graphics. How do I get the normal screen back
had a problem a few days ago and the help desk suggested we remove all cookies. we did and with a few other fixes installed via a remote session the system seemed to be working. But after an overnight shutdown and restart, firefox just comes up as a script listing
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 22.214.171.124
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Make sure that you haven't enabled a High Contrast theme in the Windows Accessibility settings and that you allow pages to choose their colors in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Content : Fonts & Colors > Colors : [X] "Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above"
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.