I have encountered an new problem in where Firefox is not always asking me about saving passwords when I visit new sites. It also is not remembering info from previously visited sites. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
Are you allowing these sites to set persistent cookies? Many sites save passwords in cookies.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Google Update
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Are you allowing these sites to set persistent cookies? Many sites save passwords in cookies.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
- Tools > Options > Privacy: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Always use private browsing mode"
Do you mean names and passwords in the Password Manager or do you mean that you are no longer logged on to (remembered by) websites after closing and restarting Firefox?
There is a difference between remembering the name and password in the Password Manager and a "remember me" check box on a web page to log you in automatically.
The latter usually involves the creation of a special "remember me" cookie that is stored on your computer and that is send to the server.
If that "remember me" cookie is removed or gets corrupted or is not send to the server then the server won't remember you anymore and you need to sign in once again.
Websites may be using autocomplete=off to prevent Firefox from saving and filling the name and password.
You can remove autocomplete=off with a bookmarklet to make Firefox save the name and password.
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
- Tools > Options > Privacy: History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, and passwords.
I don't use Password Manager, I'm no longer logged in on sites. When I go to the privacy section, I am not getting the options you have shown.
Then you are not using the custom settings in Privacy in the Options.