Is there a viable JAVA alternative?
Hello I would like to know if there is a viable and usable alternative to JAVA. Every time there is an Oracle update to Java, it seems to attract the Hackers who attack it, followed by another Java 'Fix' which does not work. I appreciate the work FireFox has done to work around this problem, but would like to know if there are alternative programmes out there which could break the Java circle.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.6.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Picasa plugin
- DjVu browser plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Unfortunately, none that I know of. The best advice I can give you is to disable java unless you need it for a mission critical task, then only enable it for that then disable it again.