Java 7 refuses to work in browser
I have Windows Vista and Firefox 18. I downloaded and have attempted to install the latest Java 7 download. Cannot get it to work period. I have installed, disabled, rebooted, deleted all old Java versions. Tried everything. Still does not work.
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.5
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2068
- Google Update
- Ipsos communication pipe plugin
- Picasa plugin
- Unity Player 3.5.0f6
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Not sure what to put here.
hello, in some instances firefox may not be able to detect that the java plugin is installed, because oracle made an error in registering the java plugin for mozilla-based browsers in version 7u10 & 7u11... this will apparently just be fixed with its next release.
for different workarounds & troubleshooting steps in the meantime see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Java#Windows_installation_issues