I am having a problem with pop up http://lax1.ib.adnxs.com How do I stop it or remove this..is it a Firefox issue? My antivirus and malware won't stop it.
I have run many scans, uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it but I continue to get these popups from this same address.....it's very annoying. I have noticed others on the web are having the same issue. Please advise.. pssmall
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
Check out this
Make use of Popup blocker Addons
also go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there.
It's definitely not a Firefox issue. You need to uninstall adware that displays these popups, see this:
There's also this great utility called AdwCleaner which I think may help you too.
And finally, Opt out of interest-based advertising, see this: http://appnexus.com/platform-policy#choices